IPO/Pre-IPO IR Advisory
Private companies have multiple options for providing liquidity for their investors. Whether a company’s goal is to go public, be acquired, or enter into one or more strategic partnerships, having a clearly articulated story and recognition among investors is important for maximizing valuation or setting the stage for the next financing. As a result, private companies should make it a priority to generate awareness and interest among public and private institutional investors, sell-side equity research analysts, and investment bankers.
When it comes to IPOs, investors prefer to have met the company more than once before the IPO roadshow. The more familiarity investors have with a company’s assets and management team, the better equipped they are to make investment decisions.
The Trout Group has significant experience assisting private companies with key initiatives including:
- Refining corporate presentations
- Organizing and facilitating investor roadshows
- Making introductions to relevant investment bankers and sell-side equity research analysts
- Following up with investors and helping to facilitate the investor diligence process
- Collecting feedback from investors and analysts to help improve the company’s messaging, investors materials, and presentation format
- Selecting banks for underwriting syndicates and assisting with allocation of deal economics
- Providing independent advice through the IPO roadshow and pricing
- Establishing a post-IPO IR strategy and plan including preparing for lock-up expiration